Thursday 19 April 2012

Crafty Individuals week: jewellery

Hi, 
How about some gorgeous jewellery today, with Gio's gorgeous bracelet and pendant. She used an image transfer technique for the bracelet and clay for the pendant.
Here's how Gio made her beautiful pieces.


I cut out some images from Crafty Individuals images - Film Strip A4 sheet and Love letters A4 sheet. I attached a piece of clear tape over the image, I burnished very well on the front and on the back, then I sanded the back a little bit and I sprayed it with water. I peeled the back gently until the image was revelead. I cut them in circle shapes.
For the chain I used an old simple necklace, and I turned it out in a bracelet, cutting it in 3 pieces and linking again with a new jump ring.
I added the circles to the bracelet using some jump rings.


For the pendant: I covered the little chipboard frame with Viva Pardo clay Agate (no glue is needed), I stamped the clay using CI-293.I coloured the clay with Dreamweaver Metallic F/X mica powders using a little brush. 
I made two holes on the frame before drying the clay. I dried the clay with the heat tool (or you can use the oven). I highlighted the raised areas with black gesso ( you can use black acrylic paint as well), I added some beads and the chain. I glued to the back of the frame an image from Love letters A4 sheet transferred on clear tape. 







Materials
Crafty Individuals - A4 chipboard die-cut sheet (Mini frames & swirls)
Crafty Individuals images - Film Strip A4
Crafty Individuals images - Love letters
CI-293 - Flower medley 
Viva Pardo clay Agate
Claudine Hellmuth black gesso/black acrylic paint


See you tomorrow





4 comments:

  1. so pretty, love the framed pendant
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each week you manage to come up with something totally different on the theme. This is an amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous especially the little frame. I got some of those printed sheets free and I wondered what on earth to do with them. . . .
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic work...would be perfect for a present

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.