Thursday 23 May 2013

Background week - Chris Dark

Hi, 
Chris Dark is with us today and she made this beautiful card using the GelliArts plate and Distress Paints.
Have you tried the Gelli Arts plate, yet? What do you think? 
I would love to hear from you in a comment below... 







Onto my GelliArts plate,  I added successive layers of Distress paints through both of the stencils using a brayer and I then pressed a white paper down to take a print. 
I cut a piece from the print, edged it with Distress ink and added to my card for the backGround. 
I die cut another part of the print with the harlequin die, edged it with Distress ink and added it over the background. 
Surplus paint on the brayer was rolled off onto another sheet of paper and i used this piece to die cut the flowers. 
Using the Black Relief paste I added the dots and flower centres.


Chris used


See you tomorrow



5 comments:

  1. I said of my gelli plate, "this much fun shouldn't be legal".I think I have used the papers in nearly all my Alphabet Challenge. The possibilities seem to be endless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris's card is stunning, she has such a way with colour! I don't have a gelli plate - but I think I may need one now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite Artist, Chris! Love your style with paint! You make it look so easy and stunning results!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a brilliant card from Chris - fresh and full of life and colour!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.