Tuesday 3 September 2013

Background layering week - Gio

Hi, 
How about this sample by Gio for your jewellery... or make this to offer to a friend. Isn't it lovely? 
Gio used the Impression Obsession Cover-a-card stamps with paints and inks to achieve this layered background. 








 I drew and cut the corset template from a newspaper sheet, I laid it on the fabric, I joined the paper with the fabric with some pins and I cut it twice, one for the front and one for the back.
I sprayed lightly the fabric with water, then I painted it with a mixture of Fresco Finish paints Rose, Nougat and Very Berry. For the back I only used Fresco Finish paints Rose and Nougat.
When dry, I stamped the first layer with the Impression Obsession - Cover-a-card: Swirls stamp and Archival ink. I stamped the second layer using Fresco Finish paints Nougat. I stamped the third layer with the Impression Obsession - Cover-a-card: Sunflower and Archival ink.

 I cut several sheet of acetate to make the pockets. I sewed the pockets to the corset. I hand sewed the lace at the bottom, a button, and the straps.
I made the same for the back, but, instead of stitching the back to the front, I decided to make two jewellery corset holders.










Gio used
Pebeo brush pack: set of 8

 See you tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. Great work Gio, that's a wonderful corset !!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Gio I love it!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear Miss Gio, this is brilliant and oh boy so clever, i love how that brain of yours works, just amazing, the stamping is beautiful,and I loooooove she is a full figure woman..
    Thanks for sharing your creativity with us and have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.