Friday 11 September 2015

Make your own Mask/Stencil - Neil Walker



Well, hello to you all,

Hope you are all well!
A quick hello to all our new followers, thank 
you for joining us here and I hope you like what
you see and perhaps enter our challenges.  We 
would love you to take part! 

Neil is here today  to show you how he made brilliant
masks/stencils to use for journalling.  Of course they 
could be used for anything, not just on your pages!

Neil says....
One of my favourite things to do is to make
 re usable stencils from my dies using acetate
 so today I've made a couple of stencils from
 my Tim Holtz dies and made a start on
 a journal page using them.


Begin by laying out your dies onto a sheet of Tyvek.
 I would recommend the magnetic plate to
 hold everything in place. Run it through your
 machine about 6 - 8 times as it's a bit of a pain
 to cut! Instead of Tyvek you could use a
 thin sheet of acetate .


Once you've managed to cut it you now have a
 re usable stencil. I've laid it onto a page in my 
sketchbook and you can see there are a couple 
more cut from the Frameworks dies too. 
These are cut from acetate.


Spritz with Dylusions, lay the masks on the other page.


Use a moist cloth to blend and when happy,
 dry the page.


Add detailing with the mask and Distress ink.


Use the masks and a moist wipe to remove colour.


Stamp and die cut the 3 butterflies and colour 
them grey.
 (Well you can colour them how you like LOL)


Stamp the butterflies onto the page (to get the
 antennae) and glue the butterflies in place.


Thank you Neil, this looks really great, and
a great way of making your own stencils.

This is what Neil used -


Come back and join me tomorrow with 
a project from Dawn!

See you then,

Jane x 




2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite thing to do to! Must look at Tyvek as I have tried cutting acetate with the thinlits and I haven't had any success with the more detailed ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab stencils and love your pages! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.