Wednesday 7 December 2016

Collage

Collage

Hi Everyone

We are starting this week with a
 lovely project from 
Angela Radford
who is allowing us to escape
for a little while from all
those red, gold and greens


By definition, a collage should be made up of several different pieces. 
Those pieces can be made of all sorts of items, such as paper, 
yarn, fabric, stamps, magazine cut-outs, plastic, 
raffia, foil, labels, lids, matchsticks, corks, 
natural items (bark, leaves, seeds, eggshells, seashells, twigs, etc.), 
buttons, and so forth. 
You can either choose one medium such as paper or fabric, 
or you can make an eclectic mix, such as paper, buttons and foil.

 Today I decided to use left-over mop up cloths for my background collage 
and a collage stamp for the focal image.

Tear up the cloths and separate the layers which will 
give you even more to play with.

Arrange the cloths on a sheet of thin card or cartridge paper 
and glue down. I used Tim Holtz Collage Medium for this 
as it dries clear and you can stamp over it


When this is dry use Gesso lightly with a dry brush to paint 
over the cloths to blend everything together without 
covering completely which will 
also make the texture stand out.
 Tip: If this starts to buckle when wet, leave it to dry 
and then sandwich it together with two sheets of card 
and place it under your glass mat or anything 
with weight which will help it to flatten out.


Then stamp 'Splatters' onto the background and heat emboss.

Next I started the focal image using the Woodware Art stamp. 

               I stamped this onto several pieces of left-over Masterboard 

                and then cut out the sections ready to build up the collage.


Choose one of the stamped jars as the background 
and then attach the sections to build up the collage. 
I chose to use Vellum as it seemed appropriate for a glass jar. 
I started by cutting out sections from the brushes and pens 
and then built up the collage


Now it's time to make the card itself

Cut the card mats to the required size
for the background


Layer these and attach to the card blank.
I distressed the background collage pieces around
the edges before proceeding with this stage.
I also decided to add three further mats to add extra 
depth to the design to which I added Tim Holtz
Scribbles and Splats die cuts


The "Follow Your Art" stamp set has some great
sentiments but you may wish to add something 
different.
 I found the sentiment that I used 
on an Emma Godfrey set............perfect!


And there you have it.  
A few Dew Drops from my stash
completed the card

Materials used:

A lovely card Angela, thank you,

Think I shall have to get that arty stamp set
and make a couple of non festive cards
Should keep me quiet for a moment or three!

See you all again tomorrow

Mickie xx












6 comments:

  1. I like this one for outside my craft- room! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame my mop ups don't look like that... A great take on collage, love the splats too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, pleased you like it. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collaged elements Angela, even your mop-ups look amazing! Love your card. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great tutorial, Angela! I really like those inky cloths and the die-cut splats!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.