Thursday 13 July 2017

New Home

New Home


Hi there!

I'm still attempting to get a
stock of cards together so I
don't get caught out......again!
How're you doing?

Angela Radford is here today
with another background
card and tag set for us.....

"Here today to show you a card
 I've made using a Mushroom Lane
 stamp, they are so cute.


I started by making a background paper 
using a Tim Holtz stencil with the 
Oxide inks.



Once that was complete I used another
 Tim stencil with crackle paste to add 
more texture and when that was dry 
I rubbed over it gently with gilding wax.


For the main image I began by die cutting 
a square of card and applying oxide ink. 

Splattered water on this and used tissue to 
remove some of the ink. 

I used Flitter glue with the stamp. 

Apply the stamp lightly as this is very sticky 
and don't leave it on the card for too long
 or it can be difficult to remove. 
I know this from experience! 

Apply the gilding flakes then rub away 
the excess.


Next I mounted coloured card to the 
craft card blank.
 This photograph really shows you how shiny 
the gilding flakes are.


Using some of the left over background card 
and lace, I made a band to go across the card.


And so to the completion.

 Before adding the band, I applied a sentiment.


I decided to make an extra mat from 
one of the Craft cards



Here is the completed card. 



I made a small gift tag to go with it using some 
left over background card and some wooden 
embellishments decorated with gilding wax 
and gilding flakes. Finished off by adding
Bakers Twine and blue pearls

This close up shows the tag much better
 and the gilding. 


Hope you enjoyed watching me make this

Happy crafting, Angela xXx


Products Used:
Tim Holtz:Dies
Stencils: Feather,  Autumn leaves.
Card: White Coloured
Lace

Certainly did enjoy watching you Angela.  
Thank you for your
beautiful card.  The gilding looks very
impressive I have to say

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx







4 comments:

  1. I love this card. It seems such a shame to cover up the gorgeous stencilled background! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, I agree about the background but it wouldn't be the same without it I guess. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card and tag! Fab background and gorgeous gilding flake image! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, pleased you like it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.